has been some time since I've stopped updating this part of the eneabba.net
website and people still asking why, I guess I'll place the points here,
instead of sending the same reply over and over...:
1. No, I will not be updating the site -
except with any additional information for the period up to April 2010,
last time done in October 2014.
2. No, the site will not be closed
and is a reflection of Ayumi Hamasaki music in the 12-year period: from
April 1998 to April 2010.
3. Yes, I still have the full collection of all the albums, singles,
DVDs and so on, and listen to it quite frequently.
4. There are three main reasons for stopping the updates:
(a) most important: the enormous amount of time it
used to take - I simply do not have it any more,
(b) I do not like most of the music since 2010
- sure there were several good songs, but not that many (in my
personal opinion, of course), and
(c) the videoclips became somewhat "main-stream"
(instead of being exceptional before), and there are many repetitions
in live performances at the concerts.
5. Lastly, the marketing tactics is very much dis-heartening...
- Say, one already has all the songs - but then something
"new" comes out - which is the repeat of everything that was
issued before - plus only one new song...
- Or re-mixing the same song over and over and over - some
of them over 25 times... Sure, the song is great - but I am not very
keen to listen to many different people trying to re-mix the same tune,
sometimes with horrible results...
- Or having a concert on VHS/VCD re-issued on the DVD, then
on bluray, then on 3D... I honestly don't know what's next - smello-vision...?
No, thank you, I'm fine with VHS and DVD...
Please note that the only part of the website that is up-to-date
and could be updated in the future is the one dedicated to Ayupan figurines.
nick, 28 June 2015